- Awarding an educational merit badge (a digital representation of student knowledge or skill mastery) may be a useful tool to motivate and measure learning in young students.
- Veritasium, Derek Muller's YouTube channel
- Snatoms: The Magnetic Molecule Modeling Kit (KickStarter)
- Derek Muller on Hank Green's SciShow
- Teaching 7th graders that intelligence is not fixed but malleable (and that it can be improved through hard work) resulted in an upward trajectory of math grades in junior high school.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol Dweck
- Guy Winch, Emotional Hygiene
- Having a roommate who was vulnerable to depression increased college students' own vulnerability and symptoms of depression.
- Editorial Expression of Concern and Correction (Facebook emotion study)
Michael is hunting a PhD in Chemistry at the University of California, and is a big fan of fountain pens, smoked gouda, M.C. Escher, and high fives. His interests have taken him to collegiate service organizations, RC helicopters, organizational management, start-up companies, world travels, and scientific endeavours.
Kevin graduated from McGill with a PhD in Pharmacology and Therapeutics, specializing in Nanotechnology. In his spare time he reads & writes about science in society. He also works with video game developers as a science media consultant at Thwacke! to help to make games smarter.