This week we learn about sleep habits, Fitbit lawsuits, and bad science reporting.
- VanWinkles.com: Here's the Truth About the "Women Need More Sleep Than Men" Study That Blew Up the Internet
- Exploring Sex and Gender Differences in Sleep Health: A Society for Women's Health Research Report
- Snopes.com: Drinking Tequila Provides Many Health Benefits?
- CNN: Fitbit accuracy questioned in lawsuit
- Validation of Biofeedback Wearables for Photoplethysmographic Heart Rate Tracking
Ian is a neuroscience PhD candidate at McGill University in Montreal, doing neuropsychiatry research in the McGill Group for Suicide Studies at the Douglas Mental Health University Institute. He also does science writing and outreach, and his primary interests for all three are how the brain regulates emotions, and what happens when this regulation goes awry.
Jaime K Devine has a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Brandeis University. Her research focuses on how human behavior interacts with biological functioning, particularly between sleep and the endocrine system. When she is not doing science, Jaime enjoys wrestling, wife carrying and acting in horror movies.